Even though hearing loss affects millions of Americans, there are many myths about hearing aids. Here are some basic facts:
- Hearing aids cannot restore hearing. They can improve hearing ability, but will not fully restore hearing loss.
- Invisible hearing aids are not necessarily the best hearing aids. There are various styles and designs to suit your level of hearing loss and your lifestyle. You should choose the hearing aid style that works best for you.
- Even mild hearing loss can be improved with a hearing aid. If your hearing loss is not severe, it does not mean a hearing aid cannot improve your hearing. There are styles for every level of hearing loss to make communicating easier.
- Hearing aids are compatible with an active lifestyle. Many styles are water, sweat and dust proof.
- Hearing aids adjust to your sound environment. Many styles now adjust to the world around you whether it’s a noisy restaurant or relaxing hike through nature.